If you’ve had a professional spa facial, you know most of them start with steaming. Applying warm steam to your skin opens up the pores, releasing bacteria and dirt. Moist heat also hydrates your skin, giving it a healthy glow. The other great thing about steaming is that it’s one part of a facial that you can easily replicate at home. All you need is some hot water, a towel and essential oils. Steaming is great for your skin, and the fragrant oils will relax your mind!
Rosemary essential oil – 1 drop (balances oily skin)
Chamomile essential oil – 1 drop (soothes irritated skin)
Geranium essential oil – 3 drops (acts as an astringent)
- Start with clean skin. Boil the water and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add essential oils, place the mixing bowl on a table or other place where you can sit comfortably with your face over the steam. Put on some relaxing music if you like!
- Lean approximately a foot over the bowl of hot water, drape a towel over your head like a little tent to keep in the steam. If at any point the steam feels too hot, move your face back a couple of inches. The steam should feel soothing, not too hot.
- Sit over the steam for approximately 10-15 minutes or until the water cools.
- Gently pat your face dry with a clean towel. Follow up by applying toner with a cotton ball to wipe away the oil and dirt that has been loosened from your pores.
- Finish off by applying your Anti-Aging Serum and Face Cream.