The carrot is a popular and nutritious root vegetable that was introduced to Europe from Asia approximately 600 years ago.
Carrot Seed essential oil is extracted via steam distillation primarily from the seed of the wild carrot however, oil is contained in the whole plant. Scientifically named Daucus Carota, the wild carrot common in Europe, is also known by another name, “Queen Anne’s Lace”. The oil has a woody, warm, earthy, sweet smell and is yellow or amber-coloured to pale orange-brown in appearance.
Carrot Seed essential oil is wonderful for the skin, it contracts and tones tissue, kills bacteria and may aid in minimizing the appearance of age spots and scars.
Carrot Seed Essential Oil is favored for:
- Aperitif – Carrot Seed essential oil may be used to stimulate the appetite.
- Calming – Carrot Seed may be useful in promoting a sense of calm and relaxation.
- Detoxing – Used to promote detoxification in the body, and ease arthritis, gout and rheumatism. Add a small amount to a warm bath and use in massage.
- Skin – May help in the healing process of dermatitis, anal or vaginal itching, eczema, ulcers and psoriasis.
- Digestion – Carrot Seed oil is considered to be a powerful tonic for the digestive system, particularly the liver and gallbladder, and is used to aid in digestion, and expel gas from the intestines.
- Hormone Balance – Known for it’s ability to aid in regulating hormone production, Carrot Seed oil may be employed for the symptoms of menstrual problems, PMS and menopause.