Cocoa beans are the fermented seeds of the cacao tree, whose Latin name is Theobroma cacao, which means “Food of the Gods”. It is native to the Amazon region and as the meaning suggests, cocoa was historically considered a very important crop in Central and South America. In fact, its beans were so prized that the native tribes used them as a form of currency. The cacao tree stands about 12-25 feet tall and grows naturally in tropical climates however, today is produced all around the world.
Cacao absolute has been long considered to have and has been widely used for its strong medicinal properties. In addition, it is used spiritually to open the heart chakra, balance the aura and deepen meditation. The scent of this exquisite essential oil is magical and up lifting. This absolute was extracted in France from the raw, dried cacao beans – and truly has quite a wonderful chocolate aroma!
It is said that Cocoa Absolute has many benefits and uses:
- Brain health
- Bronchial issues such as asthma
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Copper deficiency
- Depression and anxiety
- High blood pressure and cholesterol
- Increase sexual drive and performance
- Magnesium deficiency
- Skin care
How to Use
- Add 2 – 3 drops to 1Tbsp of a carrier oil such as jojoba, sweet almond, or passion fruit and use in traditional massage or to elevate sexual mood and passion.
- In a bath, add approximately 8- 10 drops to 1 cup of milk, add to the bath water and disperse. Step into the tub and relax. Tip: Change the scent up a bit by changing the essential oils to 6 drops of Cocoa absolute and 2 – 4 drops of Cinnamon, Clove or Coffee essential oils. Very nice and uplifting!
- Create a nice, peaceful, sharp attention focus type of atmosphere either at home or work by adding 1 – 2 drops of Cocoa absolute to 1 – 2 drops of Vanilla or Coffee essential oils to a diffuser. Adjust the amount of oils to create the perfect scent for you.
- Help children relax and focus on their homework by placing a few drops in a diffuser and place near their work station.
- When feeling fatigued, apply a drop or two (slightly dilute with a carrier oil like jojoba, avocado, sweet almond or passion fruit) to the temples, wrists and massage onto the lower abdomen. Inhale directly from the bottle, use in a bath and in your diffuser.
- Use daily to uplift your mood or to take advantage of this oils many other properties.