Gingergrass (Cymbopogon martini var. sofia) is a thick perennial grass variety that reaches a height of up to 2mm and is found growing in the wild, especially in lower altitudes. Ginger Grass essential oil is extracted from the grasses of Cymbopogon martini var.sofia, a close relative of Palmarosa and a cousin to Lemongrass. This oil has been used in Ayurvedic medicine dating back to the 18th century and has excellent properties for nurturing healthy skin. Gingergrass has been used for centuries in soaps, perfumes and diffusers.
Ginger Grass essential oil is favored for:
- Antiseptic – This oil is used for treating a variety of minor wounds such as cuts and abrasions, and for protecting wounds from infection.
- Analgesic and Anti-Inflammatory – This oil’s analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties make Ginger Grass popular for reducing pain and discomfort from arthritis, rheumatism, achy muscles and joints.
- Stress Reducer – Ginger Grass has a sweet scent, revered for its calming properties, and is often used to help reduce stress, anxiety, anger and depression.
- Decongestant – Known for its decongestant properties, Ginger Grass may aid in providing symptomatic relief for colds and other minor respiratory issues.
- Nausea – Ginger Grass is often utilized to reduce nausea and vomiting.