This gorgeous tree grows over 60 feet tall, and bears potent dark green leaves from which the precious essential oil is extracted. Native to the exotic island of Madagascar off the southeastern coast of Africa, these trees are also prized for their fruit or seeds known as “Madagascar nutmeg,” which are commonly used in various applications. The tree’s name means “good leaf” due to its vast wellness properties. Its reddish bark is quite fragrant, and its oil is a thin, pale yellow liquid.
- Pain – Due to its strong analgesic properties, this oil is ideal to use when feeling pain including toothache, headache, earache, muscular and joint pain.
- Anti-Allergenic – This oil itself is non-sensitizing, non-irritating and is used to reduce allergic reactions.
- Anti-bacterial, Anti-fungal Anti-Viral – Some of the most notorious viruses, bacteria and microbes cannot even stand to be near this essential oil. They fear it more than anything and there are sufficient reasons for that. This oil is said to be fatal to viruses, bacteria and microbes and able to wipe out entire colonies very efficiently. Similar to its effect on bacteria and microbes, is is said this oil is very harsh on fungi as well, inhibiting their growth and even killing their spores.
- Anxiety and Depression – Ravensara is used to boost positive thoughts, feelings of hope, to uplift one’s mood, relax the mind and invoke energy and sensations of hope and joy.
- Coughs – At the first sign of a cough or that itch in the back of the throat, apply diluted Ravensara to the back of the neck, chest, throat and bottoms of the feet. Take a warm bath with essential oil of Ravensara.
- Aphrodisiac – Used to increase sexual desire and improve libido.
- Disinfect – Use to keep your environment clean of germs and toxins.
- Fatigue – Used to help lift fatigue.
- Herpes, HPV – Use in a diffuser, and dilute with a carrier oil and apply to affected areas and on the bottoms of the feet.
- Antiviral – This oils is said to be an excellent bacteria and virus fighter. It is used to halt viral growth by rupturing the cyst (the protective coating on the virus) and then killing the virus inside. It is used for fighting illnesses caused by viruses such as the common cold, influenza, measles, mumps, Herpes, HPV and pox.
How to Use
- To enjoy the aphrodisiac properties, add a few drops to a carrier oil such as coconut, almond or jojoba and apply to your wrists, the bottoms of the feet, the back of the neck and or add several drops to a diffuser and place next to the bed.
- Mood – To create an relaxing environment, add several drops to your diffuser and place in your home, children’s room, car or office.
- As a disinfectant, add 4 drops of Ravensara, and 10 drops of Lavender essential oils to a small mister bottle of water and spritz in the room and on linen.
- Add several drops to your diffuser to keep your environment clear of unwanted germs and to promote a feeling of well being. Use in your home, car RV or at the office.