Rosehip is the fruit of the rose plant. A small berry ranging from orange to red in color, rosehip starts to emerge on rose shrubs in the spring, and slowly ripens until autumn. Rosehips are used to make jams and jellies, herbal teas, wines, pies and many other dishes and drinks, and were a staple in Native American diets. Because the oil is derived from the fruit of the plant known as the “hip”, it has a notably light fragrance.
Rosehip Seed essential oil is favored for:
- Anti-Inflammatory – Well known for it’s anti-inflammatory properties, Rosehip Seed is used to reduce the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, relieve various respiratory conditions, lower cholesterol, and regulate both cholesterol and the immune system.
- Antioxidant – Rosehip Seed is quite popular due its abundance of vitamins, minerals and organic compounds. Rich in vitamin C, A, E, B-complex, calcium, iron selenium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorous, and potassium to name a few, this oil is considered an excellent choice in providing powerful and essential components to the body.
- Immune System – Used for eliminating and neutralizing free radicals in the body.
- Diabetes – Rosehip is widely used to regulate blood sugar levels in the body.
- Skin – Rosehip Seed contains astringent qualities and is considered to be an ideal choice for keeping the skin elastic and to minimize the appearance of wrinkles. Used for cracked, dry skin and scars.
There are no reviews yet.