Vanilla is a perennial vine that climbs existing trees or other support. The vanilla flower, reminiscent of a beautiful lily, only lasts about one day after it blooms. While the flower is beautiful, it’s the vanilla seed pod that contains its treasure trove of tiny, aromatic, flavor-filled black seeds. Green vanilla seed pods are cured, fermented and dried to produce the brown vanilla bean pods most are familiar with, and which yield vanilla’s prized essential oil. These fragrant pods have established vanilla as an indispensible element of cooking, perfume, cologne and more!
- Antioxidant – It is said that oxidation is the biggest culprit behind most of our health problems and diseases. Vanilla essential oil is packed with an abundance of antioxidant properties which may aid in neutralizing free radicals in the body, subsequently promoting good health.
- Aphrodisiac – This oil stimulates the secretion of certain hormones like testosterone and estrogen which may help bring about normal sexual behavior and promotes sexual arousal.
- Mood – Vanilla oil is absolutely amazing! It has a bright vanilla aroma that will lift your senses and brighten your mood.
- Anti-inflammatory – Known for it’s anti-inflammatory properties, this oil may be used to reduce inflammation anywhere in the body.
- Sleep – Due to it’s sedative and relaxing properties, Vanilla oil is ideal to use to promote a better night of sleep.
- Blood Pressure – May he helpful in reducing blood pressure.
How to Use
- Add 5-10 drops to hot bath water, or sprinkle into shower steam before getting in for an at-home spa experience.
- Massage – combine 2 – 3 drops of essential oil per 1 tablespoon of carrier oil. Apply a small amount directly to areas of concern, such as muscles, skin or joints. Work the oil gently into the skin until it is fully absorbed.
- Inhalation – Inhale the aromatic vapors directly from the bottle, or place a few drops in a diffuser to fill a room with its uplifting scent.
- Add several drops to cotton balls and place in hidden spots in the bathroom for a nice, clean fresh scent.