Ylang Ylang 3
$10.00 – $19.00
Ylang ylang is a quick growing, evergreen tree native to the Philippines and Indonesia but most commonly farmed in the Comoros Islands, Melanesia, Micronesia, and Polynesia. The tree grows at a maximum potential of 15 feet a year and plateaus at 40 feet in ideal conditions. The leaves are oval shaped with a pointed tip and feel smooth and look glossy. The flowers are droopy with a long stalk and 6 greenish-yellow petals. The tree prefers the acidic soil of a rainforest, its natural habitat.
Ylang Ylang 3 essential oil is favored for:
- Is supportive of the hormone/glandular, and adrenal glands.
- Anti-depressant – Ylang Ylang is considered to have antidepressant properties and is used to drive away anxiety, sadness, depression and stress.
- Antiseptic – Considered to be antimicrobial, Ylang Ylang is used to protect wounds from infection and speed up the healing process.
- Sleep Aid – This oil may promote restful sleep and thus aid in alleviating insomnia.
- Skin and Hair Care – Used to promote healthy skin and hair.
- Aphrodisiac – Used to spice up ones sex life.
- Anti-bacterial – Ylang Ylang is used for its antibacterial properties to treat infections such as respiratory, intestinal, skin and urinary tract.
|Method of Extraction|
|Plant Parts Used||Flowers|
|Blends Well With||Blends well with Bergamot, grapefruit, lavender, sandalwood, rose, clary sage, jasmine and neroli.|
|Aromatic Scent||Sweet, floral, exotic and spicy.|
How to use
Use in a diffuser. Just put a few drops in a diffuser/burner to help relieve anxiety, tension and stress. It's also good if you are just generally feeling physically exhausted. • You can put a few drops in a hot bath to help promote relaxation, relieve tension, stress or just general irritability. This method is also good for fatigue, exhaustion and especially insomnia. It's a good idea to mix the drops in a small amount of milk first (essential oils mix better with fats) and then add to the bath. • Make use of Ylang Ylang's skin balancing properties and blend into a cream or lotion to help with either overly dry or overly oily skin. • Use this oil on it's own or as part of a blend in a carrier oil for aromatherapy massage. This can be especially helpful with tension, stress and insomnia.
Ylang Ylang has a calming and euphoric effect, and may be helpful in dealing with anxiety, tension, palpitations, panic and shock.